The North Branch Police Department is currently seeking applications for a full-time Police Assistant. This position provides high level support to the police department including assisting the public, overseeing the general work flow of the office to ensure that tasks are completed in a timely manner, preparing various police related files for dissemination, performing criminal history background checks, maintaining office supplies and equipment, submitting necessary CJRS reports and other data to the BCA, serving as the agency’s terminal agency coordinator (TAC) with criminal justice information systems (CJIS) programs, and assisting with BCA and other agency audits.
High School Degree or equivalent with two years of general office or clerical experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties outlined in the job description.
- Prior experience working with a law enforcement agency and knowledge of general law enforcement principals
- Prior experience with law enforcement record management systems (RMS), PSPortals, CJIS, CJDN, CJRS, and other law enforcement systems and operations
- Knowledge of Minnesota Data Practices Laws
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience and/or knowledge working with computers and applicable software applications
Applicants will be required to participate in an oral interview and pass a thorough background check including a drug/alcohol screening. The current starting salary (annual) for this union position is $48,462.
To apply, please submit a completed employment application and a personal resume to:
Chief Dan Meyer
North Branch Police Department
P.O. Box 910
North Branch, MN 55056
This is a different position than the police secretary position which we recently accepted applications for.
The completed application and personal resume must be submitted no later than 4:30 p.m. on September 15, 2017. EEO/AA
Police Assistant job description
City of North Branch Employment Application